Seven real estate professionals, a popular finance professor and a host of outstanding students were recognized during the Center for Real Estate’s 2018 Awards Banquet on April 26 at the Rome Commons Ballroom.
The Center’s signature event not only honors alumni and other outstanding leaders in our industry, but also the students who will soon be making an impact on the commercial real estate sector. The festive evening draws some of the region’s biggest real estate professionals, and this year was no exception.
The event honored the following professionals:
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Nicholas Morizio, Colliers International President, Hartford and New Haven
- Distinguished Alumni: Richard Van Steenbergen, HIMCO, Executive Vice President and Head of Private Real State Production Team;
- Alumni of the Year: Justin Salvato, Redwood Kairos, Investment Director, Co-Head Investment Group;
- Early Career Alumni: John DesRochers, Silverpeak Argentic, Senior Originator;
- Individual Partner of the Year: Mark Duclos, Sentry Commerical Real Estate, President
- Individual Partner of the Year: Deanna Polizzo, Whitehat Capital, Founder
- Industry Partner of the Year: UBS Realty Investors
- Excellence in Research: Katherine Pancak, Professor of Finance
- Students of the Year: Jordan Angel and Kelly Yates
- Other student award recipients included: Kyle Ernest, Theo Felopulos, William Golonka, Katherine Lynch, Stephanie Maule, Caci Rhuda, Alejadro Romero, Hannah Schmidt and Zitao Zhang.