The Center for Real Estate honored outstanding contributors to the profession and to UConn students’ success in an elegant 15th Annual Awards banquet at the Rome Commons Ballroom on April 27.
Among those celebrated were:
- Arthur N.K. Greenblatt, President and CEO of VestA Corp., received the Lifetime Achievement Award. Greenblatt, who has a UConn law degree, is known for his focus on social responsibility, his passion for new business and his ability to persuade various stakeholders to work together. He was the first general counsel of the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority (CHFA), and helped to launch the Uninsured Multifamily Mortgage Program, and was responsible for devising creative solutions for troubled projects.
- Pamela Tisdale Thompson ’90, ’01 MBA, received the Distinguished Alumni of the Year Award. A Portfolio Manager at UBS Realty Investors LLC in Hartford, she has 26 years of industry experience. Thompson oversees acquisitions, financings and reporting for a large core-equity fund.
- Jared Thal ’04, Executive Managing Director, Strategic Advisory Group at Cushman and Wakefield in New York, was selected as Alumni of the Year. Prior to joining Cushman & Wakefield in 2010, Thal was a Director with the Consulting Group at CBRE and a founding member of the Strategic Advisory Services practice of Trammell Crow Co.
- Jeremy Bachrach ’12, an Associate at PGIM Real Estate Finance in San Francisco, received the Early Career Alumni Award. Since joining the firm in 2012, he has gained experience in affordable and senior housing lending programs. His expertise includes financing properties with low income housing tax credits, regulatory agreements Section 8 and tax-exempt bonds.
- Carol Atkinson, a UConn Professor of Geography, received the Excellence in Research Award; Anthony J. D’Amelio, Jr. ’17 was named Student of the Year and is starting his career at Cushman and Wakefield. Also, VestA Corporation was recognized as Industry Partner of the Year, as well as Connecticut Attorney’s Title Insurance Co., which was named Organizational Partner of the Year and co-sponsored the event.