Planning Your School of Business Event
PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT HAVE AN EVENT COORDINATION TEAM AT THE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS.
Given adequate notice, members of Communications, IT, External & Alumni Engagement, Facilities Management, and Finance are available to assist within the scope of their roles, but YOU or an appointed member of your team must be the coordinator and primary point of contact for all aspects of your event. In the spirit of assistance and best practices, we have prepared this process and resources to help you effectively plan & manage all aspects of an event. Your timely planning and coordination with all supporting parties is the key to a successful event.
1. To Plan an Event, Start Here:
2. Schedule an Event Concept Meeting
Assemble key support stakeholders (including representatives from E&AE, IT, MarCom, Fiscal Team, Development, and Facilities/Ops as named in the Event Master Planner below) to discuss event purpose, goals, target audience and size, date, format, speaker(s), technology needs, space needs, and other resources needed (staffing, budget, etc.)
3. Utilize These Event Planning Resources
B. These Departmental Support Checklists provide detailed questions and/or checklists from each of the key supporting departments, to help you identify, plan and manage the essential detail of your event.
- Marketing-Communications Event Questionnaire/Checklist
- Information Technology Event Guidelines
- External & Alumni Engagement Forms
- Request for External & Alumni Engagement - Use this form for assistance identifying alumni or external contacts to engage as guest speakers, mentors, etc.
- ALUMNI EVENT Assistance Request - Complete this form if this is an ALUMNI EVENT and you would like assistance from the Office of External & Alumni Engagement.
- Post-Event Engagement Form - Use this form after your event to let us know about your interactions with alumni or external guests. Providing this information ensures that our alumni/guests receive the appropriate credit or acknowledgement from the University.