London Week 12: Paris

The Eiffel Tower in Paris, France (Brendan Mulcahey/UConn School of Business)

Although I doubt the temperature rose above freezing, I spent this past weekend in Paris. I saw the obvious sights such as the Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel Tower.

Additionally, I journeyed to the Palace of Versailles.

An interesting story of my time in Paris was while in the Palace of Versailles, there was a room with a painting pertaining to every major battle up until the room was built. Given the French involvement in the American Revolution, there was a picture of Washington standing in between Lafayette and Rochambeau.

Additionally, the day before I left for Paris, I saw the musical ‘An American in Paris’ while in London. The next day, I was actually an American in Paris. The musical had a plot point of the leading actress working at a department store across the street. I was then able to view the extremely luxurious department store called “Galeries Lafayette,” which is like the Parisian version of Harrods.

bmulcahey-footer

Brendan Armbrust Mulcahey ’19
Student, UConn School of Business
Brendan Armbrust Mulcahey is a junior studying finance. He interned this past summer at Axcess Value, a small business valuation firm. A fun fact about Brendan is that during his freshman and part of his sophomore year, Brendan worked at his old high school as the technical director for the school’s plays.