David Souder, Associate Professor, Management
- David Souder. 2019. ‘Coordinating infrastructure changes to meet retiring baby boomers’ needs,’ forthcoming in the Handbook of Inclusive Innovation: The Role of Organizations, Markets and Communities in Social Innovation. Published by Edward Elgar, edited by Gerard George, Ted Baker, Paul Tracey, and Havovi Joshi. 2019 Ch11_Souder
- David Souder and Philip Bromiley. 2017. ‘Timing for dollars: How option exercisability influences resource allocation,’ Journal of Management, 43(8): 2555-2579. Souder_Bromiley JOM 2017
- David Souder, Akbar Zaheer, Harry Sapienza, and Rebecca Ranucci. 2017. ‘How family influence, socioemotional wealth, and competitive conditions shape new technology adoption,’ Strategic Management Journal, 38(9): 1774-1790. Souder_et_al-2016-Strategic_Management_Journal
- David Souder, Phil Bromiley, Scott Mitchell, and Greg Reilly. 2017. ‘Does investing for the long term pay off for firms?’ From Research to Practice section of Rutgers Business Review, 2(2): 191-198. SSRN-id3014700_Rutgers Business Review
- David Souder, Greg Reilly, Philip Bromiley, and Scott Mitchell. 2016. ‘A behavioral understanding of investment horizon and firm performance,’ Organization Science, 27(5): 1202-1218. Org Sci_Souder et al_in advance
- Greg Reilly, David Souder, and Rebecca Ranucci. 2016. “Investment horizon in the resource allocation process: A review and framework for next steps,” Journal of Management, 42(5): 1169-1194. JOM final PDF
- David Souder, Greg Reilly, and Rebecca Ranucci. 2015. ‘Bringing long-term thinking into business,’ a systematic review sponsored by the Network for Business Sustainability. https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5d5156083138fd000193c11a/t/5d640a8999293800015c26ed/1566837390774/NBS-Long-Term-Thinking-SR.pdf
- Rebecca Ranucci and David Souder. 2015. ‘Facilitating tacit knowledge transfer: Routine compatibility, trustworthiness, and integration in M&As,’ Journal of Knowledge Management, 19(2): 257-276. Ranucci_Souder JKM-06-2014-0260
. . . . . . . . Publications below this line were considered as part of tenure review . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
- Jared Harris, Scott G. Johnson, and David Souder. 2013. ‘Model-theoretic knowledge accumulation: The case of agency theory and incentive alignment,’ Academy of Management Review, 38(3): 442-454.
- Aks Zaheer, Xavier Castaner, and David Souder. 2013. ‘Synergy sources, target autonomy, and acquisition performance,’ Journal of Management, 39(3): 604-632.
- David Souder and Philip Bromiley. 2012. ‘Explaining temporal orientation: Evidence from the durability of firms’ capital investments,’ Strategic Management Journal, 33(5): 550-569.
- David Souder, Zeki Simsek and Scott G. Johnson. 2012. ‘The differing effects of agent and founder CEOs on the firm’s market expansion,’ Strategic Management Journal, 33(1): 23-41.
- David Souder and J. Myles Shaver. 2010. ‘Constraints and incentives for making long horizon corporate investments,’ Strategic Management Journal, 31(12): 1316-1335.
- Zeki Simsek, Ciaran Heavey, John F. Veiga, and David Souder. 2009. ‘A typology for aligning organizational ambidexterity’s conceptualizations, antecedents, and outcomes,’ Journal of Management Studies, 46(5): 864-894.
- David Souder. 2008. ‘Which firms invest for the long term? Longitudinal evidence from cable TV operators,’ Academy of Management Proceedings.
- Jared Harris and David Souder. 2004. ‘Bad apples or bad bushel? Ethics, efficiency and capital market integrity,’ Business and Professional Ethics Journal, 23(1&2): 201-222.