- Ph.D. Accounting, University of Florida, 2014
- M.S. Management, University of Florida, 2009
- M.S. Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Florida, 2009
- B.S. Electrical and Computer Engineering, Fudan University, 2007
- Disclosure Regulation and Financial Reporting
- “Securitization and Insider Trading” with Stephen Ryan and Jenny Tucker. The Accounting Review, 2016, Vol. 91(2): 649-675.
- “Proprietary Costs and Corporate Lobbying against Changes in Mandatory Disclosure” sole-authored. Management Science, forthcoming.
- “Fool Me Once, Shame on You; Fool Me Twice, Shame on Me: The Long-Term Impact of Arthur Andersen’s Demise on Partners’ Audit Quality” with Feng Guo, Ling Lisic, Jeffrey Pittman, Tim Seidel, and Mi Zhou. Contemporary Accounting Research, forthcoming.
- “The Effect of Audit Quality on a Firm’s Internal Information Environment: Evidence from Group Audits” with Tom Adams. Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance, conditionally accepted.
- “Selection Bias in Audit Firm Tenure Research” with Dave Weber
- “Incremental Usefulness of the Parent-only Balance Sheet to Debt Holders: Evidence from Banks” with Jenny Tucker and Jigao Zhu
- “Disclosure Regulation and the Competition between Public and Private Firms: The Case of Segment Reporting”
- “The Client (Non-)Reaction to PCAOB Inspection Reports: Lack of Information, Lack of Authority, or Lack of Competition?” with Brant Christensen, Feng Guo, and Mike Wilkins
- “Corporate Groups and Debt Contracting: Does the Lack of Entity-Level Information in Consolidated Financial Statements Concern Lenders?” with Jenny Tucker and Mark Zakota
- AAA FARS Excellence in Reviewing Award, 2018
- Best Paper Award Honorable Mention, UConn School of Business, 2016
- Alumni Fellowship, University of Florida, 2009-2014
- AAA/Deloitte/J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2011
- Certificate of Outstanding Achievement, University of Florida, 2007
- Dow Scholarship, Fudan University, 2006
- Faculty mentor for the PriceWaterhouseCoopers case competition, 2014
- team named as a PwC Challenge National Semi Finalist