MSBAPM Academic Director
Operations and Information Management
Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
B.E., Tsinghua University
Areas of Expertise
Online Word of Mouth; Social Media; Economics of Information Systems; Information Systems and Marketing; Pricing and Competitive Strategies; Digital Markets
Xinxin Li is a Professor of Operations and Information Management and the Academic Director of MS in Business Analytics and Project Management program at the School of Business at University of Connecticut. Her research interests are in economics of information systems with an emphasis on the implications of new technologies to consumer welfare, firm pricing and competitive strategies. Her research is interdisciplinary and spans information systems, marketing, economics and sociology. She employs both game theoretic modeling and econometric analysis in her research. Her work has been published in Management Science, Information Systems Research, MIS Quarterly, Marketing Science, Strategic Management Journal, Journal of Management Information Systems, Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, among other journals. She is a recipient of ISR Best Reviewer Award, CIST Best Paper Award, and UConn School of Business 5-year Research Excellence Award, Best Paper Award and Ackerman Scholar Award. She serves as a Senior Editor and was an Associate Editor for MIS Quarterly. She received her Ph.D. from University of Pennsylvania and her B.S. from Tsinghua University.
Featured Journal Publications
- Sulin Ba, Yuan Jin, Xinxin Li and Xianghua Lu, “One Size Fits All? The Differential Impact of Online Reviews and Coupons,” Production and Operations Management, Forthcoming.
- Roch Guerin, Kartik Hosanagar, Xinxin Li and Soumya Sen, “Shared or Dedicated Infrastructures? On the Impact of Reprovisioning Ability,” MIS Quarterly, 43(4), 2019, pp.1059-1079.
- Brian Lee, Sulin Ba, Xinxin Li and Jan Stallaert, “Salience Bias in Crowdsourcing Contests,” Information Systems Research, 29(2), 2018, pp.401-418.
- Bin Li, Xinxin Li, and Hongju Liu, “Consumer Preferences, Cannibalization and Competition: Evidence from the Personal Computer Industry,” MIS Quarterly, 42(2), 2018, pp.661-678.
- Xinxin Li, “Revealing or Non-Revealing: The Impact of Review Disclosure Policy on Firm Profitability,” MIS Quarterly, 41(4), 2017, pp.1335-1345.
- Yuxin Chen, Xinxin Li and Monic Sun, “Competitive Mobile Geo-Targeting,” Marketing Science, 36(5), 2017, pp.666-682.
- Harpreet Singh, David Kryscynski, Xinxin Li and Ram Gopal, “Pipes, Pools and Filters: How Collaboration Networks Affect Innovative Performance,” Strategic Management Journal, 37(8), 2016, pp.1649-1666.
- Xinxin Li, Bin Gu and Hongju Liu, “Price Dispersion and Loss Leader Pricing: Evidence from the Online Book Industry,” Management Science, 59(6), 2013, pp.1290-1308.
- Xinxin Li and Yuxin Chen, “Corporate IT Standardization: Product Compatibility, Exclusive Purchase Commitment and Competition Effects,” Information Systems Research, 23(4), 2012, pp. 1158-1174.
- Xinxin Li and Lorin M. Hitt, “Price Effects in Online Product Reviews: an Analytical Model and Empirical Analysis,” MIS Quarterly, 34(4), 2010, pp. 809-831.
- Xinxin Li and Lorin M. Hitt, “Self Selection and Information Role of Online Product Reviews,” Information Systems Research, 19(4), 2008, pp. 456-474.