Healthcare Management and Insurance Studies
William Pace – Received his PhD. in Health Economics from the University of Connecticut in 2007 and also has an MA in Economics from UConn with a concentration in International Banking and Finance. He recently left the non-academic world as a Health Economist working for Hartford area Managed Care and Insurance Companies. He had been a UConn adjunct instructor of graduate and undergraduate courses in the Finance and Economics Departments since 2013, and will be teaching similar courses for our Healthcare Management Program, as well as directing the Healthcare Management and Insurance Studies Program.
- PhD, Health Care Economics, University of Connecticut, May 2007
- Dissertation title: “The Effects of Benefits Plan Design on the Utilization of Preventive Medical Services”
- Dissertation advisor: Professor Dennis Heffley
- MA, Economics, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut
- BA, Economics, Lafayette College, Easton, PA
- Health and economic outcomes related to insurance plan design, medical management programs and patient incentives;
- Behavioral economics of incentives on plan selection, health and wellness program participation and lifestyle-related health risks;
- Multi-sector health care systems modeling and simulation.