- B.S., University of Kansas
- M.B.A., University of Kansas
- Ph.D., University of Kentucky
Areas of Expertise
- Intra-Organizational Social Networks
- Employee Creativity and Innovation
- Negative Workplace Relationships
Travis Grosser is an Assistant Professor of Management at the University of Connecticut. He earned his Ph.D. in Management from the University of Kentucky, with concentrations in organizational behavior and social network analysis. His research interests include: the antecedents and consequences of social networks in the workplace; employee innovation and creativity; knowledge sharing & collaboration; and antagonistic relationships among coworkers. Grosser is a member of the Academy of Management and is on the editorial board of the Journal of Organizational Behavior. He has conducted field research and consulted with a number of large corporations and small nonprofit organizations. He has published his research in outlets such as Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Organization Science, and Journal of Applied Psychology.
- Park, S., Mathieu, J., & Grosser, T.J. A network conceptualization of team conflict. Forthcoming at Academy of Management Review.
- Grosser, T.J., Obstfeld, D., Labianca, G., & Borgatti, S. P. Measuring mediation and separation brokerage orientations: A further step toward studying the social network brokerage process. Forthcoming at Academy of Management Discoveries.
- Grosser, T.J., Obstfeld, D., Choi, E. W., Whoeler, M. L., Lopez-Kidwell, V., Labianca, G., & Borgatti, S. P. (2018). A sociopolitical perspective on employee innovativeness and performance: The role of political skill and network structure. Organization Science, 29: 612-632.
- Grosser, T.J., Venkataramani, V., & Labianca, G. (2017). An alter-centric perspective on employee innovation: The importance of creative self-efficacy and network structure. Journal of Applied Psychology, 102: 1360-1374.
- Sung, W., Whoeler, M.L., Fagan, J.M., Grosser, T.J., Floyd, T, & Labianca, G. (2017). Employee responses to an organizational merger: Intraindividual change in organizational identification, attachment, and turnover. Journal of Applied Psychology, 102: 910-934.
- Lopez-Kidwell, V., Grosser, T.J., Dineen, B.R., and Borgatti, S.P. (2013). What matters when: A multistage model and empirical examination of job search effort. Academy of Management Journal, 56: 1655-1678.
- Venkataramani, V., Labianca, G., and Grosser, T.J. (2013). Positive and negative workplace relationships, social satisfaction, and organizational attachment. Journal of Applied Psychology, 98: 1028-1039.
- Grosser, T.J., Lopez-Kidwell, V., Labianca, G., and Ellwardt, L. (2012). Hearing it through the grapevine: Positive and negative workplace gossip. Organizational Dynamics, 41: 52-61.
- Grosser, T.J., Lopez-Kidwell, V., and Labianca, G. (2010). A social network analysis of positive and negative gossip in organizational life. Group & Organization Management, 35: 177-212.