Associate Professor, Arthur Andersen, LLP Accounting Professor
- PhD, Business Administration, University of Georgia
- MT, Villanova University
- BSBA, Accounting, Bucknell University
- CPA (Licensed in NJ and PA)
Areas of Expertise
- Institutional Owners
- Private Equity/Hedge Funds
- “Noncompliance with Mandatory Disclosure Requirements: The Magnitude and Determinants of Undisclosed Permanently Reinvested Earnings” with B.C. Ayers and C.M. Schwab, 2015. The Accounting Review, 90 (1): 59-93.
- “The Effect of Shareholder-Level Taxes on Organizational Form and Stock Ownership: Evidence from Equity Carve-Outs of Master Limited Partnerships” 2019. The Accounting Review 94 (1): 327-351.
- “Audit Quality and Specialist Tenure” with J. J. Gaver, 2019. The Accounting Review 94 (3): 113-147.
- “Common Institutional Ownership and Earnings Management” with S. Ramalingegowda and Y. Yu, 2021. Contemporary Accounting Research, 38 (1): 208-241.
- “Attention to Dividends, Inattention to Earnings?” with C. G. Ham and Z. R. Kaplan, 2023. Review of Accounting Studies, 28 (1): 265-306.
Links to My Working Papers and Other Pages
- Associate Professor & Arthur Andersen, LLP Accounting Professor, University of Connecticut
- Assistant Professor, University of Connecticut
- Tax Manager, LS Power Development, LLC
- Senior Tax Associate, Ernst & Young, LLP
- Staff Auditor, Ernst & Young, LLP
- UConn School of Business Research Excellence Award, 2022
- Journal of the American Taxation Association 2020 Outstanding Paper Award
- AAA/Deloitte/J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium Fellow
- Dr. Linda S. Bamber Scholarship
- Elijah Watt Sells Award
- PICPA CPA Exam Award
- ACCT 3260: Federal Income Tax
- PhD Seminar: Tax Research
- SAS/STATA Camp
|Phone||+1 (860) 486-2374|
|Office Location||BUSN 439|