- PhD Cornell University, Organizational Theory & Ecology
- MS Cornell University, Organizational Theory & Ecology
- MS Brigham Young University, Sociology with emphasis on Organizations and Race & Ethnicity
- BA Brigham Young University, Middle Eastern Studies/Arabic
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Technology Commercialization
Ryan Coles is an Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurial Management whose research program analyzing entrepreneurship, technology commercialization, and growth strategies spans the U.S., Latin America, and the Middle East. Ryan’s quest to understand the social foundations of entrepreneurship has lead him to Tahrir Square during the Arab Spring, Latin American communities with a history of drug cartel violence, the Amazon rain-forest, and more.
Outside of academia, Ryan has worked with start-ups in the volun-tourism and fin-tech sectors, and advised V.C. firms on investments in the ed-tech, biotech, and fitness sectors.