Nina Xu joined the Accounting Department as an assistant professor in August 2019. She earned her Ph.D. from Texas A&M University and is a CPA and CMA. Her research interests include media, regulation, financial reporting, and audit. Her professional experience includes working as a controller at Cameron International in Houston, TX.
- “Tick Size and Financial Reporting Quality in Small-Cap Firms: Evidence from a Natural Experiment” with Anwer Ahmed and Yiwen Li. 2020. Journal of Accounting Research, 58(4), pp.869-914.
- “Information Coordination: Does Preannouncement Media Coverage Improve Earnings Expectations?” solo-authored. 2022. Contemporary Accounting Research, forthcoming
- “An Empirical Analysis of the Effects of the Dodd-Frank Act on Determinants of Credit Ratings” with Anwer Ahmed, and Dechun Wang. 2023. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, forthcoming
- UConn School of Business Best Paper Award, 2023
- Audit Midyear Best Paper Award, 2023
- FARS Excellence in Reviewing Award, 2020
- FARS Outstanding Discussion Award, 2020
- Texas A&M University Dean’s Award for Outstanding Research by a Doctoral Student, 2019