Director, Undergraduate and PMBA Programs
New York University – Ph.D.
New York University – M.Phil.
Loyola College – M.B.A.
Ithaca College – B.A.
- “Do Managers Seek Control and Entrenchment?” with P. Borochin, Journal of Corporate Finance, April 2021.
- Lead Article. “The Role of the Chief Legal Officer in Corporate Governance,” with R. Bird and P. Borochin. Journal of Corporate Finance, October 2015.
- Lead Article. “The Impact of Local Knowledge on Banking,” with R. Bird. Journal of Financial Services Research, August 2015.
- “Do Disability Laws Impair Firm Effectiveness?” American Business Law Journal, with R. Bird, Spring 2010.
- “Impact of Corporate Ownership and Governance on Risk-Taking and Returns at Real Estate Investment Trusts,” with W. Dolde. Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, 2009.
- “IPOs, Clustering, Indirect Learning and Filing Independently,” with H. Colaco, C. Ghosh and J. Teall. Journal of Banking and Finance, Vol. 33, 2009.
- Lead Article. “Do Wrongful Discharge Laws Impair Firm Performance?” with R. Bird. Journal of Law and Economics, May 2009.
- “Inside Shareholders’ Effective Tax Rates and Dividends,” with M. Holmen and S. Peterson. Journal of Banking and Finance, September 2008.
- Readers’ Choice Best Paper Award. “Managerial Stock Option and the Hedging Premium,” with N. Hagelin, M. Holmen and B. Pramborg. European Financial Management, September 2007.
- “Minority Shareholder Protections and the Private Benefits of Control for Swedish Mergers,” with M. Holmen, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, March 2004.
- “The Price and Volatility Sensitivities of Managerial Stock Option Portfolios and Corporate Hedging,” with J. Nam and J. Thornton, Journal of Finance, Vol. 5