Operations and Information Management
Ph.D. in Operations, Information and Decisions, University of Pennsylvania
M.E. in Computer Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences
B.S. in Applied Physics, Xi’an Jiaotong University
Areas of Expertise
Empirical research: social media, e-commerce, gig economy, health care, paid knowledge sharing
Methodology: durational attribution models, endogenous mediation models, panel count models with sample selection
- Yili Hong, Jing Peng, Gordon Burtch, and Ni Huang. (2020). Just DM Me (Politely): Direct Messaging, Politeness, and Hiring Outcomes in Online Labor Markets. Information Systems Research (forthcoming).
- Shu He, Jing Peng, Jianbin Li, and Liping Xu. (2020). Impact of Platform Owner’s Entry on Third-Party Stores. Information Systems Research, 31(4): 1467-1484.
- Jing Peng, Ashish Agarwal, Kartik Hosanagar, and Raghuram Iyengar. (2018). Network Overlap and Content Sharing on Social Media Platforms. Journal of Marketing Research, 55(4), p. 571-585.
- Zhu Zhang, Daniel Zeng, Ahmed Abbasi, Jing Peng and Xiaolong Zheng. (2013). A Random Walk Model for Item Recommendation in Social Tagging Systems. ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems, 4(2): 1-24.
- Jing Peng, Daniel Zeng, and Zan Huang. (2011). Latent Subject-centered Modeling of Collaborative Tagging: An Application in Social Search. ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems, 2(3): 1-23.