Associate Professor of Marketing
Dean's Ackerman Scholar
Ph.D Marketing, New York University
MS Economics, State University of New York,Buffalo
BA Economics & BS Computer Science, Wuhan University, China
Areas of Expertise
Digital Marketing and Analytics
Competitive Marketing Strategies
Professor Jane Gu obtained Ph.D. in Marketing from NYU, Stern School of Business. Professor Gu’s research focuses on investigating how consumers gather information and make purchase decisions in digital environments and how marketers effectively devise digital strategies to cope with such consumer behaviors. Professor Gu has published in leading marketing and other business journals, including Journal of Marketing Research, Management Science, Marketing Science, Information Systems Research, and Management Information Systems Quarterly.
Professor Gu has taught at the undergraduate and MBA level including courses in Marketing Strategy, Marketing Management, Marketing Research, International Marketing, and New Media Marketing. At UConn, Professor Gu teaches Digital Marketing.
Personal Website: jgu.business.uconn.edu
- Gu, Jane and Giri Tayi (2023), “Consumer Self-Design and Brand Competition,” Production and Operations Management, Forthcoming.
- Shulman, Jeffery and Jane Gu (2023), “Making Inclusive Product Design a Reality: How Company Culture and Research Bias Impact Investment,” Marketing Science, forthcoming. Equal Authorship.
- Gu, Jane and Xinxin Li (2022), “Social Sharing, Public Perception, and Brand Competition in a Horizontally Differentiated Market,” Information Systems Research, forthcoming. Download Now
- Gu, Jane and Yunchuan Liu (2018), “Why Would a Big Retailer Refuse to Collaborate on Manufacturer SPIFF Programs?” Quantitative Marketing and Economics, 16 (4), 441-472. download now
- Gu, Jane and Giri Tayi (2017), “Consumer Pseudo-Showrooming and Omni-Channel Product Placement Strategies,” Management Information Systems Quarterly, 41 (2), 583-606. working version
- Gu, Jane and Giri Tayi (2015),” Consumer Mending and Online Retailer Fit-Uncertainty Mitigating Strategies,” Quantitative Marketing and Economics, 13 (3), 252-282. working version
- Gu, Jane and Giri Tayi (2015),” Investigating Firm Strategies on Offering Consumer Customizable Product,” Information Systems Research, 26 (2), 456-468. Download Now
- Gu, Jane and Yunchuan Liu(2013), “Retailer Store layout, Consumer Fit Uncertainty, and Channel Interaction,” Marketing Science, 32 (4), 652-668. Download Now
- Gu, Jane and Ying Xie (2013), “Providing Fit-Revealing Information in the Competitive Market,”Management Science, 59 (5), 1196-1212. Download Now
- Gu, Jane and Sha Yang (2010), “Quantity-Discount-Dependent Consumer Preferences and Competitive Nonlinear Pricing,” Journal of Marketing Research, 47 (6), 1100-1113. Download Now
- Gu, Jane and Rachael Chen (2019), “Buyer Valuation Uncertainty and Firm Information Provision Strategies,” in Channel Strategies and Marketing Mix in a Connected World, Springer Series in Supply Chain Management, Edited by Chris Tang. download now
|Phone||+1 (860) 486-0493|
|Mailing Address||Unit 1041|
|Office Location||BUSN 350|
|Office Hours||Tu 2:30-4:30pm by appointment|