Ph.D. in Management Engineering, KAIST
B.S. in Industrial & Management Engineering, POSTECH
Areas of Expertise
Digital Marketing; Entertainment Industry; Online Platforms; Energy and Climate Change; Econometrics
Jaeung Sim is an Assistant Professor of the Department of Operations and Information Management. His research aims at understanding how consumers interact with information technology and providing actionable insights into sustainable operations of online platforms and governments. Jaeung’s research has appeared in leading academic journals, including Marketing Science and Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
Before joining UConn, Jaeung earned his Ph.D. in Management Engineering from KAIST College of Business, a bachelor’s degree in Industrial and Management Engineering from POSTECH (Summa Cum Laude), and served as a sergeant in the Republic of Korea Army. He is a big fan of popular music artists, such as Nightwish and Pentatonix, and has published his data analytics work on music streaming.
- Jaeung Sim, Junyeong Lee, Daegon Cho “On the Effectiveness of Smart Metering Technology
Adoption: Evidence from the National Rollout in the United Kingdom,” forthcoming at Journal of the Association for Information Systems.
- Jae Yeon Kim, Jaeung Sim, Daegon Cho “Identity and Status: When Counterspeech Increases Hate Speech Reporting and Why,” forthcoming at Information Systems Frontiers.
- Jaeung Sim, Jea Gon Park, Daegon Cho, Michael D. Smith, Jaemin Jung (2022) “Bestseller Lists and Product Discovery in the Subscription-based Market: Evidence from Music Streaming,” Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization 194, pp. 550-567.
- Jaeung Sim, Daegon Cho, Youngdeok Hwang, Rahul Telang (2022) “Frontiers: Virus Shook the Streaming Star: Estimating the COVID-19 Impact on Music Consumption,” Marketing Science 41(1), pp. 19-32.
Selected Working Papers
- Jaeung Sim, Kyungmin Choi, Daegon Cho, Sang Pil Han “In-Consumption Information Cues and Online Content Demand: Evidence from a Live Streaming Platform,” under revision for 2nd round review at MIS Quarterly.
- YoungJae Jang, Jaeung Sim, Kun Soo Park, Daegon Cho “Sharing Economy in the Cloud: Pricing Schemes for Peer-to-Peer Storage Platforms,” under minor revision for 4th round review at Production and Operations Management.