Ph.D., Carnegie-Mellon University
M.S., Carnegie-Mellon University
M.B.A., Xavier Institute
Areas of Expertise
Consumer Decision Making in Web-based Environments
Cognitive Computing Systems
Girish Punj has current research interests in digital marketing, e-commerce, mobile shopper marketing, consumer decision making in web-based environments, online product reviews and consumer generated data, use of artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms in modeling online consumer behavior.
He has published 65+ research papers in various marketing journals and national conference proceedings including the Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Consumer Research, Marketing Science, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of Consumer Psychology, International Journal for Research in Marketing, Journal of Advertising, Marketing Letters and Journal of Interactive Marketing.
He currently teaches courses in marketing analytics to MBA students and has previously participated in the development of an academic curriculum for IBM intended to promote the adoption of analytically-oriented courses in university programs. He is a 2012 recipient of an IBM Watson Solutions faculty award for developing a course on cognitive computing systems.
- Punj, Girish (2015), “The Relationship Between Consumer Characteristics and Willingness to Pay for General Online Content: Implications for Content Providers Considering Subscription-based Business Models,” Marketing Letters, 26(2), 175-186. Download Now
- Punj, Girish (2013), “Do Consumers who Conduct Online Research also Post Online Reviews? A Model of the Relationship between Online Research and Review Posting Behavior,” Marketing Letters, 24(1), 97-108. Download Now
- Punj, Girish (2012), “Consumer Decision Making on the Web: A Theoretical Analysis and Research Guidelines,” Psychology & Marketing, 29(10), 791-803. Download Now
- Punj, Girish (2012), “Income Effects on Relative Importance of Two Online Purchase Goals: Saving Time Versus Saving Money,” Journal of Business Research, 65(5), 634-640. Download Now
- Punj, Girish (2011), “Effect of Consumer Beliefs on Online Purchase Behavior: The Influence of Demographic Characteristics and Consumption Values,” Journal of Interactive Marketing, 25(3), 134-144. Download Now
- Jiang, Ying and Girish Punj (2010), “The Effects of Attribute Concreteness and Prominence on Selective Processing, Choice, and Search Experience,”Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 38, 471-489. Download Now
- Punj, Girish and Robert Moore(2009), “Information Search and Consideration Set Formation in a Web-Based Store Environment,” Journal of Business Research, 62, 644-650. Download Now
- Punj, Girish and Robert Moore(2007), “Smart versus Knowledgeable Online Recommendation Agents,”Journal of Interactive Marketing, 21(4), 46-60. Download Now
- Punj, Girish (2006), “Structural Modeling in Marketing: Some Future Possibilities,” Marketing Science, 25(6), 622-624. Download Now