Assistant Professor in-Residence
Operations and Information Management
- PhD –University of Connecticut – Environmental Engineering
- MS – University of Connecticut – Environmental Engineering
- BS – University of Connecticut – Environmental Science
Areas of Expertise
- Data science, natural hazards, remote sensing, IoT
- OPIM 5603: Statistics in Business Analytics
- OPIM 5641: Business Decision Modeling
- OPIM 5502: Big Data Analytics with Cloud Computing
- OPIM 5512: Data Science Using Python
- OPIM 5509: Introduction to Deep Learning
Dr. Wanik is an Assistant Professor In-Residence at the University of Connecticut – Department of Operations and Information Management. His research interest is at the intersection of natural hazards, business analytics and remote sensing. He primarily teaches for the MS Business Analytics and Project Management program and is the Academic Director for Business Data Analytics at the Stamford campus. He is also appointed as a Research Fellow at the Mississippi State University Social Science Research Center, where he leads research on global coastal population dynamics and remote sensing topics. He has previous industry experience working with utility, manufacturing and insurance companies.
- Hughes W., Zhang W., Cerrai D., Bagtzoglou A. C., Wanik D. W., Anagnostou E. N., 2022: “A Hybrid Physics-Based and Data-Driven Model for Power Distribution System Infrastructure Hardening and Outage Simulation”, Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Volume 225,
- Chang C. F., Garcia V., Tang C., Vlahos P., Wanik D. W., Yan J., Bash J. O., Astitha M., 2021: “Linking multi-media modeling with machine learning to assess and predict lake chlorophyll-a concentrations”, Journal of Great Lakes Research, Volume 47, Issue 6, 2021, Pages 1656-1670, ISSN 0380-1330, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jglr.2021.09.011.
- Hughes W., Zhang , Bagtzoglou A. C., Wanik, D. W., Pensado, O., Yuan, H., Zhang J, 2021: “Resilience Hardening Strategy and Damage Modeling Framework for Overhead Power Distribution Systems”, Reliability Engineering and System Safety. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ress.2020.107367
- Walsh, T., Wanik D.W., Anagnostou E.N., Mellor J., 2020: “Estimated Time to Restoration of Hurricane Sandy in a Future Climate”. Sustainability 2020, 12(16), 6502. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12166502
- Watson P., Cerrai D., Wanik D. W., Anagnostou E. N., 2020: “A Weather-Related Power Outage Model with a Growing Domain: Structure, Performance, and Generalizability”, The Journal of Engineering. Accepted – May 28, 2020.
|Mailing Address||One University Place, Stamford, CT 06901|