Operations and Information Management
Topics: Future of Work, Artificial Intelligence, Bias and Discrimination, Platform Economy, FinTech
Methodologies: Econometrics, Field and Lab Experiments, Machine Learning
REFEREED JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS
- Chen Liang, Ji Wu, and Xinxin Li. Do ‘Likes’ in a Brand Community Always Make You Buy More? Information Systems Research, Conditionally accepted.
- Chen Liang, Yili Hong, and Bin Gu. Does Monitoring Alleviate the ‘Cold Start’ Problem in Digital Platforms? Evidence from New Worker Entry in Online Labor Markets. Information Systems Research, Conditionally accepted.
- Jingbo Hou*, Chen Liang*, Pei-yu Chen, and Bin Gu. Can Telework Adjustment Help Reduce Disaster-Induced Gender Gap in Job Market Outcomes? Information Systems Research, Conditionally accepted. (* These authors contributed equally)
- Chen Liang, Yili Hong, and Bin Gu. Can Monitoring Help Flatten the World? An Empirical Examination of Online Hiring. Information Systems Research, Conditionally accepted.
- Jing Peng, and Chen Liang. On the Differences Between View-Based and Purchase-Based Recommender Systems. MIS Quarterly, 47(2), 875-900.
- Chen Liang, Yili Hong, Pei-yu Chen, and Benjamin Shao. 2022. The Screening Role of Design Parameters for Service Procurement Auctions in Online Service Outsourcing Platforms. Information Systems Research, 33(4), 1324-1343.
- Chen Liang, Jing Peng, Yili Hong, and Bin Gu. 2022. The Hidden Costs and Benefits of Monitoring in the Gig Economy. Information Systems Research, 34(1), 297-318.
- Ziru Li, Chen Liang, Yili Hong, and Zhongju Zhang (Equal contribution). 2021. How Do On-demand Ridesharing Services Affect Traffic Congestion? Evidence from Uber Entry. Production and Operations Management, 31(1), 239-258.
- Chen Liang, Zhan (Michael) Shi, and Raghu Santanam. 2019. The Spillover of Spotlight: Platform Recommendation in the Mobile App Market. Information Systems Research, 30(4), 1296-1318.
- Ni Huang, Bin Gu, Gord Burtch, Yili Hong, Chen Liang, Kanliang Wang, Dongpu Fu, Bo Yang. 2019. Motivating User-Generated Content with Performance Feedback: Evidence from Randomized Field Experiments. Management Science, 65(1), 327–345.
SELECTED WORKING PAPERS
- Jingbo Hou, Chen Liang, and Pei-yu Chen. Local vs. Social: How Social Information Intensity Shapes Preventive Behavior in the Context of COVID-19. (Minor revision at POMS)
- Tong Shen, Chen Liang, Jing Peng, Mengcheng Guan, and Jianbin Li. Impact of Medical AI on Drug Purchases.
- Chen Liang, Murat Tunç, and Gordon Burtch. Market Punishment of Strategic Generosity: An Empirical Examination of NFT Charity Auctions.
- Xinru Wang, Chen Liang, and Ming Yin. Effects of AI Biases and Explanations on Human Decision Fairness: A Case Study in Rental Markets.
- Chen Liang, Bowen Lou, Mengwei Qu. COVID-19 and Platform Switching of Multihoming Workers in the Gig Economy.
- Stan (Chenbo) Shi, and Chen Liang. Breaking the Glass Ceiling or Breaking Trust: How Does a Female Fraudster Affect Crowdfunding for Female Entrepreneurs?
- Tong Shen, Chen Liang, Chunxiao Li, Shuliu Yuan, and Bin Gu. AI Versus Human Decision-Making: Evidence from A Large-Scale Randomized Field Experiment.
AWARDS & HONORS
Best Research Paper Award, UConn School of Business, 2023
Research Excellence Program Fund, University of Connecticut, 2022
Best Paper in Track Award (IS and the Future of Work Track), International Conference on Information Systems, 2021
INFORMS eBusiness Best Paper Award Runner-up, 2021
Best Reviewer Award, International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), 2019
Best Paper Nominee, Conference on Information Systems and Technology (CIST), 2019
NSF Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Grant (DDRIG), 2018
Best Paper Award, Workshop on Information Systems and Economics (WISE), 2018
Best Paper Award, China Summer Workshop on Information Management (CSWIM), 2018
Best Paper Award, Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS), 2017
Best Paper Nominee, Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS), 2017
Best Paper Nominee, Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS), 2018
Outstanding Research Award, ASU, 2018
Outstanding Research Award, Department of Information Systems, W. P. Carey School of Business, 2018