Operations and Information Management
Topics: Future of Work, Bias and Discrimination, Artificial Intelligence, Platform Economy
Methodologies: Econometrics, Field and Lab Experiments, Machine Learning
REFEREED JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS
- Jing Peng, and Chen Liang. On the Differences Between View-Based and Purchase-Based Recommender Systems. MIS Quarterly, Forthcoming.
- Chen Liang, Yili Hong, Pei-yu Chen, and Benjamin Shao. 2022. The Screening Role of Design Parameters for Service Procurement Auctions in Online Service Outsourcing Platforms. Information Systems Research, Forthcoming.
- Chen Liang, Jing Peng, Yili Hong, and Bin Gu. 2022. The Hidden Costs and Benefits of Monitoring in the Gig Economy. Information Systems Research, Forthcoming.
- Ziru Li, Chen Liang, Yili Hong, and Zhongju Zhang (Equal contribution). 2021. How Do On-demand Ridesharing Services Affect Traffic Congestion? Evidence from Uber Entry. Production and Operations Management, 31(1), 239-258.
- Chen Liang, Zhan (Michael) Shi, and Raghu Santanam. 2019. The Spillover of Spotlight: Platform Recommendation in the Mobile App Market. Information Systems Research, 30(4), 1296-1318.
- Ni Huang, Bin Gu, Gord Burtch, Yili Hong, Chen Liang, Kanliang Wang, Dongpu Fu, Bo Yang. 2019. Motivating User-Generated Content with Performance Feedback: Evidence from Randomized Field Experiments. Management Science, 65(1), 327–345.
- Chen Liang, Yili Hong, and Bin Gu. Does Monitoring Lead to a ‘Warm’ Start in Online Platforms? (Major revision at ISR)
- Chen Liang, Ji Wu, and Xinxin Li. Do ‘Likes’ in a Brand Community Make You Buy Less? (Major revision at ISR)
- Chen Liang, Yili Hong, and Bin Gu. Can Monitoring Help Flatten the World? An Empirical Examination of Online Hiring. (Major revision at ISR)
- Jingbo Hou*, Chen Liang*, Pei-yu Chen, and Bin Gu. Does Telework Reduce Unequal Impacts of the COVID-19 Disaster on Job Losses Across Genders? (Major revision at ISR) (* These authors contributed equally)
- Jingbo Hou, Chen Liang, and Pei-yu Chen. Local vs. Social: How Social Information Intensity Shapes Preventive Behavior in the Context of COVID-19. (Major revision at POMS)
- Chen Liang, Jing Peng, Yili Hong, and Bin Gu. Gender Wage Gap in Online Labor Markets. (In preparation for submission)
AWARDS & HONORS
Best Paper in Track Award (IS and the Future of Work Track), International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), 2021
INFORMS eBusiness Best Paper Award Runner-up, 2021
Best Reviewer Nominee, International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), 2019
Best Paper Nominee, Conference on Information Systems and Technology (CIST), 2019
Best Paper Award, Workshop on Information Systems and Economics (WISE), 2018
Best Paper Award, China Summer Workshop on Information Management (CSWIM), 2018
Best Paper Award, Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS), 2017
Best Paper Nominee, Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS), 2017
Best Paper Nominee, Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS), 2018
Outstanding Research Award, ASU, 2018
Outstanding Research Award, Department of Information Systems, W. P. Carey School of Business, 2018