Areas of Expertise
Professor Eisdorfer’s research interests are primarily in the area of corporate finance. In particular, he studies the effects of agency conflicts on the firm’s investment policy, and pricing issues associated with financial distress.
- “Distressed Stocks in Distressed Times” (with Efdal Ulas Misirli), Management Science, forthcoming.
- “Equity Misvaluation and Default Options” (with Amit Goyal and Alexei Zhdanov), Journal of Finance, 2019, vol. 74, pp. 845-898.
- Distress Anomaly and Shareholder Risk: International Evidence” (with Amit Goyal and Alexei Zhdanov), Financial Management, 2018, vol. 47, pp. 553-581.
- “Corporate Sport Sponsorship and Stock Returns: Evidence from the NFL” (with Elizabeth Kohl), Critical Finance Review, 2017, vol. 6, pp. 179-209. Download
- “Do Corporate Managers Skimp on Shareholders’ Dividends to Protect their Own Retirement Funds?” (with Carmelo Giaccotto and Reilly White), Journal of Corporate Finance, 2015, vol. 30, pp. 257-277. Download
- “Pricing Assets with Stochastic Cash-Flow Growth” (with Carmelo Giaccotto), Quantitative Finance, 2014, vol. 14, pp. 1005-1017. Download
- “Capital Structure, Executive Compensation, and Investment Efficiency” (with Carmelo Giaccotto and Reilly White), Journal of Banking and Finance, 2013, vol. 37, pp. 549-562. Download
- “Innovate to Survive: The Effect of Technology Competition on Corporate Bankruptcy” (with Po-Hsuan Hsu), Financial Management, 2011, vol. 40, pp. 1087-1117. Download
- “Risk-Shifting and Investment Asymmetry”, Finance Research Letters, 2010, vol. 7, pp. 232-237. Download
- “Delisted Firms and Momentum Profits”, Journal of Financial Markets, 2008, vol. 11, pp. 160-179. Download
- “Empirical Evidence of Risk-Shifting in Financially Distressed Firms”, Journal of Finance, 2008, vol. 63, pp. 609-637. Download
- “The Importance of Cash-Flow News for Financially Distressed Firms”, Financial Management, 2007, vol. 36, pp. 33-48. Download