Ph.D., 2005, University of Pennsylvania
B.E., 2000, Tsinghua University, China
Areas of Expertise
Online Word of Mouth
Economics of Information Systems
Information Systems and Marketing
Pricing and Competitive Strategies
Featured Journal Publications
- Bin Li, Xinxin Li, and Hongju Liu, “Consumer Preferences, Cannibalization and Competition: Evidence from the Personal Computer Industry,” MIS Quarterly, Forthcoming.
- Xinxin Li, “Revealing or Non-Revealing: The Impact of Review Disclosure Policy on Firm Profitability,” MIS Quarterly, Forthcoming.
- Yuxin Chen, Xinxin Li and Monic Sun, “Competitive Mobile Geo-Targeting,” Marketing Science, Forthcoming.
- Harpreet Singh, David Kryscynski, Xinxin Li and Ram Gopal, “Pipes, Pools and Filters: How Collaboration Networks Affect Innovative Performance,” Strategic Management Journal, 37(8), 2016, pp.1649-1666.
- Xinxin Li, Bin Gu and Hongju Liu, “Price Dispersion and Loss Leader Pricing: Evidence from the Online Book Industry,” Management Science, 59(6), 2013, pp.1290-1308.
- Yuxin Chen and Xinxin Li, “Group Buying Commitment and Sellers’ Competitive Advantages,” Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, 22(1), 2013, pp. 215-241.
- Xinxin Li and Yuxin Chen, “Corporate IT Standardization: Product Compatibility, Exclusive Purchase Commitment and Competition Effects,” Information Systems Research, 23(4), 2012, pp. 1158-1174.
- Xinxin Li, Lorin M. Hitt and Z. John Zhang, “Consumer Reviews and Competition in Markets for Repeat Purchase Products,” Journal of Management Information Systems, 27(4), 2011, pp. 9-42.
- Xinxin Li and Lorin M. Hitt, “Price Effects in Online Product Reviews: an Analytical Model and Empirical Analysis,” MIS Quarterly, 34(4), 2010, pp. 809-831.
- Xinxin Li and Lorin M. Hitt, “Self Selection and Information Role of Online Product Reviews,” Information Systems Research, 19(4), 2008, pp. 456-474.