Ph.D., 2005, M.I.A., 2002, Carnegie Mellon University; M.S., 2000, B.S., 1998, Tsinghua University
Areas of Expertise
operations management, supply chain management, procurement and sourcing, incentives and mechanism design
Cuihong Li is an Associate Professor of Operations and Information Management at the School of Business, University of Connecticut. Her research explores operations and supply chain management, with a focus on the strategic interactions in the upstream and downstream supply chains, interfacing with economics, marketing, and information technology. Her current research studies problems in procurement and sourcing, supplier and consumer behavior, and service operations. Her research work has been published in Management Science, Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, Production and Operations Management, and other leading academic journals. She serves as a Senior Editor for Production and Operations Management, and an Associate Editor for Decision Support Systems. At UConn, she teaches core operations management and business decision modeling for the undergraduate, full-time MBA, and BAPM master programs. She received the Best Paper Award (2013) and Teaching Innovation Award (2015) of the School of Business. Cuihong earned her Ph.D. in Management of Manufacturing and Automation from the Tepper School of Business joint with the Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, and B.S. and M.S. degrees in Automation and Systems Engineering from Tsinghua University, China.
- Cuihong Li and Zhixi Wan. 2015. Supplier Competition and Cost Improvement. forthcoming in Management Science.
- Cuihong Li. 2013. Sourcing for Supplier Effort and Competition: Design of the Supply Base and Pricing Mechanism. Management Science 59(6) 1389-1406.
- Cuihong Li and Fuqiang Zhang. 2013. Advance Demand Information, Price Discrimination, and Pre-order Strategies. Manufacturing and Service Operations Management 15(1) 57-71.
- Cuihong Li and Alan Scheller-Wolf. 2011. Push or Pull? Auctioning Supply Contracts. Production and Operations Management 20(2) 198-213.
- Cuihong Li, Katia Sycara and Alan Scheller-Wolf. 2010. Combinatorial Coalition Formation and Cost Sharing for Group-buying. Decision Support Systems 49(1) 1-13.
- Cuihong Li and Laurens Debo. 2009. Strategic Dynamic Sourcing from Competing Suppliers with Transferable Capacity Investment. Naval Research Logistics 56(6) 540-562.
- Cuihong Li and Laurens Debo. 2009. Second Sourcing versus Sole Sourcing with Capacity Investment and Asymmetric Information. Manufacturing and Service Operations Management 11(3) 448-470.
|Phone||+1 (860) 486-5914|
|Mailing Address||Unit 1041|
|Office Location||Storrs, BUSN 365|