Trent Krupa is a fifth year Accounting PhD candidate with an expected graduation in the Summer of 2022. Trent received his B.S. in Accounting and M.B.A. from Bryant University in Rhode Island. Prior to academia, he worked for eight years in governance, risk, and compliance roles within the insurance industry. His years of experience assessing the tax consequences of strategic decisions and other enterprise-wide risks informs his research in the areas of corporate taxation with emphasis on the interaction between taxes, business decisions, and capital markets.
Trent holds CPA (Active: Rhode Island), ARM, and CGMA designations.
- Deloitte Foundation Doctoral Fellowship
- Edmund Outslay Outstanding Discussant Award
- FARS Excellence in Reviewing Award
- Best Doctoral Student Paper Award – 2019 AAA Northeast Conference
- UConn Outstanding Scholar Fellowship
- UConn Business School PhD Student Teaching Award