Ph.D., Duke University, Fuqua School of Businesss
B.S., University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business
Corporate Events and Policies
I am an Assistant Professor of Finance at the University of Connecticut. I got my Ph.D. in Finance from the Fuqua School at Duke University and my B.S. in Finance and Statistics from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
My research interests are institutional ownership and applications of asset pricing theory to extract information about corporate events and policies, with sub-specializations in corporate governance, information asymmetry, and M&A.
I teach a graduate seminar in asset pricing theory and undergraduate courses in corporate finance.
Published and Forthcoming Papers
- Borochin, Paul, Jim Cicon, Jared DeLisle and McKay Price (2018). The Effects of Conference Call Content on Market Perceptions of Value Uncertainty and Firm Risk. Journal of Financial Markets forthcoming.
- Borochin, Paul, Chinmoy Ghosh, and Di Huang (2018). Target Information Asymmetry and Takeover Strategy: Insights from a New Perspective European Financial Management forthcoming.
- Borochin, Paul, and Weihua Cu (2017). Alternative Corporate Governance: Domestic Media Coverage of Mergers and Acquisitions in China. Lead Article, Journal of Banking and Finance 87.
- Borochin, Paul, and Jie Yang (2017). The Effects of Institutional Investor Objectives on Firm Valuation and Governance. Journal of Financial Economics 126.
- Borochin, Paul, John Glascock, Ran Lu-Andrews and Jie Yang (2017). Using Option Market Liquidity to Predict REIT Leverage Changes. Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics 55.
- Borochin, Paul, and Jie Yang (2016). Options, Equity Risks, and the Value of Capital Structure Adjustments. Journal of Corporate Finance 42.
- Borochin, Paul, and Joseph Golec (2016). Using Options to Measure the Full Value-Effect of an Event: Application to Obamacare. Journal of Financial Economics 120.
- Bird, Robert, Paul Borochin and John Knopf (2015). The Role of the Chief Legal Officer in Corporate Governance. Lead Article, Journal of Corporate Finance 34.
- Borochin, Paul (2014). When Does a Merger Create Value? Using Option Prices to Elicit Market Beliefs. Financial Management 43.