Ilona received her Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting (Honors) and Master of Professional Accounting from the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, Canada. Prior to starting her Ph.D., she worked in Deloitte’s Assurance practice and taught at the University of Saskatchewan. Her years of experience in financial reporting informs her research in corporate mandatory and voluntary disclosure, market efficiency, financial distress and bankruptcy.
Ilona holds an active Chartered Professional Accountant (Canada) designation.
- Deloitte Foundation Doctoral Fellowship
- AAA Annual Meeting Excellence in Reviewing Award
- University of Connecticut Outstanding Scholar Fellowship
- Master of Professional Accounting Teaching Excellence Award
- AAA/Deloitte/J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium Fellow