Cinthia Beccacece Satornino
I am a management and marketing strategy professional always looking for the win-win-win and the creative solution to complex and interesting problems. In my research, I focus on understanding how our interpersonal relationships impact our perceptions and performance. My explorations have been published in a variety of outlets, including an award winning article in the Journal of Marketing. My professional experience includes nine years of developing and implementing data-driven, research-based marketing strategy resulting in enhanced performance and efficiency and eight years of management experience building and leading cross-functional teams resulting in significantly increased revenue and retention rates. Currently, I serve as an Assistant Professor of Marketing at the University of Connecticut, and as an independent consultant specializing in strategic marketing. I earned my BS at the University of Central Florida, my MBA from the University of Florida, and my Ph.D. at Florida State University.
Areas of Expertise
PhD, Florida State University
MBA, University of Florida
BS, University of Central Florida
- Cinthia B. Satornino, with Willy Bolander, Douglas E. Hughes, and Gerald R. Ferris (2015), “Social Networks Within Sales Organizations: Their Development and Importance for Salesperson Performance.” Journal of Marketing, 79 (6), 1-16. Download Now
- Winner: 2015 Roland Copeland Best Paper Award
- Winner: 2016 SalesSIG Excellence in Research Award
- Mentioned at Forbes.com: http://www.forbes.com/sites/chriscancialosi/2014/09/22/4-reasons-social-capital-trumps-all/
- Willy Bolander, Leff Bonney, and Cinthia B. Satornino (2014), “Sales education efficacy examining the relationship between sales education and sales success,” Journal of Marketing Education, 36 (2), 169-181. Download Now
- 2014 Outstanding Sales Education Article of the Year, MEA.
- Mentioned on Forbes.com: http://www.forbes.com/sites/chriscancialosi/2014/11/17/should-your-startup-hire-sales-veterans-or-rookies/
- Michael Brusco, Patrick Doreian, Douglas Steinley, and Cinthia B. Satornino (2013), “Multiobjective Blockmodeling for Social Network Analysis.” Psychometrika, 78 (3), 498-525. Download Now
- Bolander, Willy, Cinthia B. Satornino, Bryan Hochstein, Alexis Allen, and Riley Dugan (forthcoming), “Who to Hire and How to Coach Them: A Longitudinal Analysis of the Effects of Prior Experience, Education, and Manager Coaching on Sales Performance,” Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management.
- Satornino, Cinthia B., Demetra Andrews, Michael K. Brady, and Rebeca Perren (forthcoming), “Beyond Personality: An Emergence View of Influential Consumers.” Journal of Consumer Marketing.
- Rebeca Perren, Kristin Stewart, and Cinthia B. Satornino (2018), “Puritan Peers or Egoistic Entrepreneurs? Moral Decay in Lateral Exchange Markets,” Journal of Consumer Marketing, 36(3): 366-378.
- Cinthia B. Satornino, with Patrick Doreian and Alexis Allen (2017), “The Case for Adopting Blockmodeling in Human Resource Management Research: Examples in Analyzing Social Networks and HRM Systems.” Research in Personnel and Human Resource Management, 35, (Forthcoming). Download Now
|Office Location||BUSN 364|
|Office Hours||Please email for an appointment|