International Admission Requirements
There are a significant number of highly qualified international candidates in the MSFRM Program, and we encourage candidates from all nationalities to apply. Applicants must meet the following minimum criteria in order to be considered for admission:
- Strong performance on the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test).
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores of at least 90-91 (Internet-Based Test), 233 (Computer-Based Test), 575 (Paper-Based Test) or more. If you are submitting an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score, we look for a minimum average overall band score of 6.5 or more on the Academic Module. Students with a degree from a university with an English-speaking curriculum may have this test requirement waived.
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a 4-year program at a regionally accredited university or college.
- Undergraduate grade-point averages from 3.0 to 4.0 for either all 4 years or for the last 2 years.
- Candidates must have completed a college-level calculus course prior to entering the program.
Frequently Asked Questions
The FAQ's below provide answers to most of the common questions that we receive about admission of international applicants to the Full-Time MSFRM Program.
What academic credentials do I need in order to be considered for admission to the UConn MSFRM Program?
What are the minimum academic requirements?
What characteristics do you look for in an applicant to the UConn MSFRM Program?
What is the profile of the current UConn MSFRM class?
Must I have an undergraduate degree in business in order to pursue an MSFRM?
Are there any prerequisites to joining the UConn MSFRM Program?
I am a college senior or have less than two years of work experience. Can I apply to the UConn MSFRM Program?
Where can I access an application to the UConn MSFRM Program?
When is the application deadline for international applicants?
How much is the application fee and how do I pay it?
Is it possible to request an application fee waiver?
When are admissions decisions made?
Am I required to take the GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test)?
Will you accept an official GRE score?
How soon after I take the GMAT will you receive my official score?
Do you have a minimum GMAT score requirement?
I have taken the GMAT test more than once. How do you take my scores into consideration?
I am an international applicant. How do you evaluate my academic credentials?
Do I need to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) test?
Do you have a minimum TOEFL test score requirement?
Do you accept an IELTS test score?
Do you accept any other English language test scores?
I have taken the TOEFL test more than once. How do you take my scores into consideration?
Letters of Recommendation
Do you require letters of recommendation?
Who should I ask to write these letters on my behalf?
In what format should my recommenders submit their recommendations? Do you use a form?
How should my recommenders submit their letters?
Can I request an interview with the admissions committee?
What can I expect at the interview?
Enrollment, Admission and Reapplying
If I am admitted to the MSFRM program, how do I accept?
What if something unexpected happens; can I defer my admission?
I was denied admission. How can I go about reapplying for the following year?
I was a business major in my undergraduate studies, can I transfer in any of those credits?
Can I waive any courses if I have had significant undergraduate coursework or work experience in a particular field of study?