- Ramesh Sankaranarayanan (OPIM), "Electronic Markets, Search Costs, and Firm Boundaries"
Best Paper Honorable Mentions
- Ram Gopal, Robert Garfinkel (OPIM), "Freedom of Privacy: Anonymous Data Collection with Respondent-Defined Privacy Protection"
- David Souder (Management), "Constraints and Incentives for Making Long Horizon Corporate Investments"
- Hongju Liu (Marketing), "Dynamics of Pricing in the Video Game Market: Skimming or Penetration?"
- Po-Hsuan Hsu (Finance), "Technological Innovations and Aggregate Risk Premiums"
- Fidan Boylu (OPIM)
Jim Forest (Finance)
Teaching Innovation Honorable Mention
- Ramesh Sankaranarayanan (OPIM)
- George Plesko (Accounting)
The Ackerman Scholar award recognizes significant and continuing all around academic productivity among the faculty of the School. It is awarded to faculty who are not already supported by Chair or Professorship appointments.
Appointed for 2010-11 and 2011-12:
- Robert Bird, Marketing
- Assaf Eisdorfer, Finance
- Gary Powell, Management
- Ramesh Sankaranarayanan, OPIM
- Jan Stallaert, OPIM
Continuing in their second year are:
- Sudip Bhattacharjee, OPIM
- John Knopf, Finance
- Zeki Simsek, Management
- Mike Willenborg, Accounting
The award is supported by the Ackerman Fund, the School and the departments.
Lawrence Gramling named 2010 Honors Faculty Member of the Year
The Honors Council and the entire Honors community would like to congratulate Lawrence Gramling on being selected as the 2010 Honors Faculty Member of the Year. Professor Gramling's commitment and eagerness to help the Honors community has set him apart in a very talented field of nominees. He is a strong asset to the UConn community and has truly enriched the lives of current honors students.
Center for Audit Quality Awards Funding to Project by Rosman
The Center for Audit Quality (CAQ) has announced the selection of auditing-related research projects by the CAQ's Research Advisory Board (RAB). Andrew Rosman, Associate Professor, Accounting Department, UConn School of Business was among the awardees.
Karla Fox Awarded AAUP Service Excellence Award
Karla H. Fox, Professor of Business Law, Marketing Department, University of Connecticut School of Business has received the 2010 American Association of University Professors (AAUP) Service Excellence Award. Professor Karla H. Fox specializes in the Uniform Commercial Code, employment law, and business ethics. She is a member of the American Business Law Association, the Commercial Law League of America, and the American Bar Association.
She is also a member of the Connecticut and North Carolina Bar Associations. She is a past president of the University of Connecticut chapter of the American Association of University Professors, as well as a member of the University Senate. Professor Fox has also served as Department Head of the University of Connecticut Department of Music.