As one of the 33 CIBERs located in universities throughout the U.S., the UConn CIBER is mandated to increase the competitiveness of U.S. business in the global marketplace. Our vision of the UConn CIBER is to emerge as a recognized leader in global business education, and become a significant national resource for international business teaching, research and outreach with a strong emphasis on Innovation. By 2014, we hope the UConn business program will have a strong presence worldwide, especially in Innovation. We will be truly global in terms of both our participants and our perspectives. The UConn CIBER works closely with other schools and units of the University especially the Division of International Affairs, the Department of Modern and Classical Languages, and the various area centers.
The UConn CIBER programs are concentrated in three main areas: Academic Programs, Business and Academic Outreach, and Research Programs. These areas filter down into five principal objectives:
- Provide business programs with focus on Innovation for students at the undergraduate, MBA and Ph.D. levels
- Provide funds and facilities for faculty to internationalize the business curriculum and to conduct research in the area of international business with emphasis on Innovation
- Provide businesses in the region with international business management education and instruction in foreign languages and cultures, which will enable them to enhance their leadership positions in today’s global economy
- Develop and spearhead the capabilities of the nation’s colleges and universities in international business education geared toward Innovation
- Emerge as a national resource for management education on Innovation
The programs are designed and coordinated by faculty members of the UConn School of Business and other academic units of the University, with the assistance of the CIBER Director and the Advisory Council.