The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business. The main focus of the academic internship is to expose students to the daily operations of a company and translate theory into practice by participating in real problem-solving experiences, which are directly related to the student's career goals.
Goals of the Academic Internship
While the specific objectives may vary for each student, there are several general goals which should be achieved during each internship experience. These include:
- Gain the relevant work experience today’s employers are looking for;
- Establish professional contacts in my chosen career;
- Earn academic credits in the summer.
- must be a Finance major in the School of Business;
- must have completed Junior year with a C or better in FNCE 3101;
- must have a Cumulative GPA of a 3.0/4.0 or higher;
- must be a clearly defined, full-time summer internship program with start and end dates;
- must be approved by Internship Faculty Advisor and Department Head.
The student will receive 3 academic credits (non-repeatable). Credits will count towards the 15 additional credits needed to graduate.
- Students are responsible for securing their own Internship position.
- Internships must be paid in order to receive academic credit.
- Students are required to meet with Internship Faculty Advisor before the internship begins to receive the academic requirements of the experience.
- Must be approved by Faculty Advisor and Department Head.
- Must register for FNCE 4891, Summer Session 4.
Internship Faculty Advisor will assign a grade of S (Satisfactory) or U (Unsatisfactory) upon completion of all requirements.
For further information, please contact:
- HuskyCareer Link
- Business Career Connections
- UConn Internship Website
- Career Fair, Sponsored by the Department of Career Services, early Fall
- Internship/Co-op Fair, Sponsored by the Department of Career Services, early Spring
- Insurance and Financial Services Career Fair, Sponsored by Metro Hartford Alliance and HYPE (Hartford Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs), date TBD.
Instructor of Finance and Faculty Advisor